LONG TERM PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Equal Housing Opportunity
WE DO BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR HOUSING ACT, AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARTIAL STATUS, RACE, CREED, RELIGION, AGE, FAMILIAL STATUS, DISABILITY, COLOR, NATIONAL ORGIN, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED GROUP. OUR LONG TERM PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY REPRESENTS THE OWNER OF PROPERTY ONLY; THE OWNER OF PROPERTY PAY’S FOR THE BROKER’S SERVICES. THEREFORE, POLICIES MAY VARY BY PROPERTY DEPENDING ON THE PARTICULAR OWNER’S PREFERENCE.
1. A completed application is required by each person 18 years of age or older, intending to occupy the property. Each application must be filled out completely and signed by the applicant. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Complete applications include: “Rental Qualification Criteria and Rental Application Policies”, “Rental Application Disclosure and Authorization”, “Rental Application”, valid current photo documentation (driver's license, military ID, or state ID) is required with each application and a copy of social security card for each applicant. Applicants without a social security number must show proof of a permitted stay in the U.S. with a visa. If applicant shows proof of approval to be able to work in U.S., then additional prepaid rent will be required.
2. An application fee of $45.00 must accompany each application. The application fee is non-refundable. Application will not be processed without application fee.
3. Applications from other applicants may be accepted until an application is approved. Because of the fiduciary relationship our management company has with owners, if more than one application is submitted before approval can be achieved, then the most qualified applicant will be approved. If no applications have been received, applicant may choose to place a $200 “holding deposit” to reserve property during the application process. This $200 is non-refundable should your application be approved and applicant chooses not to enter into a lease. This “earnest money” is applied towards the security deposit once all applications have been approved. Should application be denied, the “earnest money” will be returned to applicant.
4. If applicant is applying for a property that is governed by a homeowners association or condominium association, the applicant may be required to fill out a separate application for the association.
5. Income for the household should equal three times the monthly rent. All sources of income must be verifiable. Additional deposit, pre-paid rent or a guarantor may be accepted if income is not sufficient.
6. Employment will be verified for each applicant. Self-employed applicants are required to submit the previous year’s Tax Return or 1099 with application. All non-employed applicants are required to submit proof of income with application.
7. Credit reports are reviewed for payment history. A negative credit report may result in denial of your application. Our company reserves the right to increase the amount of security deposit or may require a guarantor if a negative credit history is reported.
8. Rental History will be verified for the past twenty-four months with no interruptions for each applicant. Verification must reflect timely payments, no complaints for noise or illegal activity, appropriate “notice of intent to vacate”, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean without damage at time of lease termination. Any applicant with a prior eviction is cause for denial of application.
9. Criminal background must contain no convictions, adjudications or pending charges for felonies within the past five years and no sexual offenses.
10. All pets, vehicles/recreational vehicles, flotation bedding systems and fish tanks larger than 55 gallons must be disclosed on the application. Proof of insurance (FS 83.535) must be provided for all flotation systems (waterbeds) and fish tanks larger than 55 gallons.
11. No pets are permitted without prior written consent, (with the exception of medically necessary pets with proper identification). Only small to medium sized, non-violent, common domesticated animals will be allowed on any property that permits pets. Rottweilers, American Staffordshire Terriers (pit bulls), Dobermans and any mixed breeds including any of the above mentioned will not be approved. Pets, when permitted, must be adult animals, spayed or neutered. No puppies that are not fully house trained are permitted. A pet addendum will be required, as well as an additional pet deposit. Required documentation for a pet is a copy of the certificate of spaying/neutering, and the current year’s rabies vaccine. A photo must be attached to the pet contract.
12. United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) occupancy standards are no more than two persons per bedroom.
13. One full month’s rent is due at lease execution, unless otherwise stated or offered. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit or additional prepaid rent.
14. If move-in is other than the first of the month, the pro-rated amount will be due and owing the first of the following month. Lease must be signed within 2 weeks of approval of application. Security deposit must be paid within three business days of approval of application. If security deposit is not paid in full within three business days of approval then it will be assumed that the applicant has withdrawn the application. We may offer the property to others if applicant fails to pay required deposits within this time frame.
15. It is company policy to report any unpaid balances owed at the end of your tenancy to a collection agency and/or national credit-reporting agency.